Search This Blog and Its Links

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lenten Study: Grief for a Lost Job


I am preparing a presentation and group discussion on Grief and Job Loss for our church during lent. While looking for images on the internet for the faces of grief due to job loss, I was surprised to find at least the half the images in my search were charts, like this one. (can be found by searching the link below)

www.crisisobserver.com/picture-of-the-day/

I'm sure these statistics are correct and believe the organization posting this chart had only the intention of presenting facts to help inform the public about the state of our economy. I would be more than glad to take it off my blog if asked. There are plenty others to put in its place.

However (you knew that was coming!), the chart doesn't tell the story of human loss due to job layoffs. I suspect we all know someone affected by job loss, and it's heart-wrenching. All those lines on the graph sit on the heads of grieving distressed families.

No comments:

Post a Comment